Monday, October 20, 2008

Our first Football Game!




Saturday morning was the most nerve racking morning I've experienced since I interviewed for my first "real" job out of college. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to feed Owen and couldn't get back to bed because my mind was wrapped around our first football game. I wanted to make sure our boys had fun and that the parents couldn't find anything to poke at concerning my coaching style. I believe all the prep work paid off because we won 36 - 12 and seven of my eleven boys scored! This next week I'll make sure the other four boys get a piece of the pie. Preparation is key!! Brycen did an excellent job blocking and playing defense. He's going to play quarterback this Thursday and I believe he'll see a few touchdowns himself!! I couldn't ask for a better player on my team!

2 comments:

Durban, South Africa said...

Way to go Brycen and Coach Dan! It looks like you will have a fun season ahead! It is great to have your Dad as your coach! What a fun bunch of kids! Good luck and have a fun season! Wish we were closer to watch and cheer you on! We miss attending sports events with our kids/grandkids!

Uffens Family said...

You gotta appreciate a coach that takes his job seriously. Those parents can be way too protective. Good job Brycen! Way to let the other kids score some. Sounds like a fun time. Good luck and play to win:)